Pure Bayberry wax candles are a holiday tradition...
The season and the holidays bring a sense of tranquility during the quiet and stillness of cold winter months; it's a time to draw into yourself and your surroundings. There are times when restlessness can creep in and it's a feeling of being trapped, from staying inside and limiting trips out and about and this year seems to be worse than ever with the ongoing isolation.
Keeping the fires going in the form of fireplaces & candles can help ease this battle of restlessness by bringing comfort and warmth into your home, these flickering flames remind us that there is still life there, like a quiet promise.
Yule honors the return of light after the longest night of the year and is a celebration of rebirth and new beginnings, truly a time for cheer. It's the ideal time for workings to heal, facing truths, and self-acceptance.
- These pure Bayberry wax tealight candles are approx. .5" tall x 1.25" diameter
- Organic cotton wick-- Trim wick to ¼” (.63cm) before burning
- Natural wax/bayberry scent (no additional scent added)
- Organic beeswax from North Eastern US apiaries whose bees have access to only NON-GMO fields, while the Bayberry wax is directly imported from Canada.
- Place tealight candle on a heat-safe candle stand/container.
- Never leave candles burning unattended and out of reach of pets and children
- Handmade Bayberry wax tea light candles have a naturally occurring uniqueness that enhances their rustic beauty, please allow for some inconsistencies, and are exquisitely creamy, smooth, and elegantly magical!
Bayberry wax (also known as myrtle wax) is produced by harvesting and boiling the berries of the Bayberry shrub. It takes about 15 pounds of bayberries to make just one pound of bayberry wax and it's a tedious job! Due to the amount of effort required to this unique wax, in the early days, bayberry candles were reserved for special occasions and holidays, especially Christmas and New Year's Eve.
Pure bayberry wax is hard and brittle, which can result in candle breakage and reduced burn times. Our bayberry candles are made with pure bayberry wax blended with a bit of pure beeswax. Blending pure bayberry wax with a small amount of pure beeswax increases the durability and burn time of candles. These candles produce a clean, bright light and a very light evergreen or herbal aroma.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are looking for a fragrant candle that will fill a room with a "bayberry" scent, these are NOT the candles for you; their scent is faint. Our bayberry wax tea light candles are entirely natural and contain no added colorants, fragrances, or chemicals.
According to tradition, a bayberry candle burned all the way down on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve brings good luck for the coming year.
As the saying goes:
"On Yuletide Eve burn it down to the end.
A bayberry candle burned down to the socket,
Brings food to the larder and gold to the pocket!"